Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to stop a "no disk" popup from appearing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ssshaker

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2000
AU
I have an annoying window keeps appearing and I want to get rid of it.

The window is titled "PQV2i5VC.EXE - No Disk" with a big X and the message "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1."

My HDD has 3 partitions and the last thing I installed from CD (last item after a complete format and install) was PowerQuest Drive Image 7.0 with no probs. Obviously this window is related but how and why?

How do I get rid of it? If I uninstall DI_7.0 then reinstall it, will that help?

Any help appreciated..........

Hi

Try to remove it from Startup, go to Start/Programs/Startup or in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run, it might be in another key, but try these first ,or you can find there is a small application which can help you to do it

Hi Alfa,
Been to startup and nil there. Looked at registry and same....zero.
Thanks for the reply.

Does somebody have a solution to this problem ?

Ihave the same problem with my Drive Image 7. For some reason the V2 service generates these messages. I can't understand what it is missing. If I stop the service, the messages goes away. But then Drive Image will not work.

This is an annoying popup...the system seems to work find if cancel or continue is clicked, however, I would like to stop the error message. It does not pop up at start up...I can usually utilize applications and then it will appear.

winlogon.exe - no disk

there is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into drive \device\harddisk1\dr1

Thanks for your help...

The application in question might have been started as a service. Check the services that have started up.

goto Control panel -> Administrative tools -> services

Look for the application from the list of services that have started, right-click -> properties and choose Manual from Startup Type drop down. Then stop the service by clicking on the Stop button.

But before you disable this application you might want to check the user manual to find out what purpose it serves first.

Remove any powerquest related scheduled tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back