Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to start swf-files from a PC which have no Flashplayer instaled

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomato

IS-IT--Management
Oct 27, 2000
CH
I have to put a swf-file on a CD-Card. one of the requirements are that the swf-file have to start on a computer, which has no flash on his harddisc, without installing anything on the computer.
what i have to do, is to let run a swf-file standalone from a CD?
i tryed this with a mac and it worked, by puting a flashplayer on the CD, but what do i have to take in consideration for a PC?

Hi!!
Publish the Flash movie as an executable and it should include all the nessacary bits in the .exe file to play on any Windows PC, or so I've heard. Try it out.

Hope this helps

Napalm 2000
hlechler@hotmail.com

Hi!
Just in response to seti, the html file only includes the html necessary to call the .swf it doesn't include the necessary .ocx files to view it! I'm pretty (99.9999%) sure that the .exe will work on any Windows machine.
Regards,

Napalm 2000
hlechler@hotmail.com

Napalm is correct. .exe is the only way to do it. Otherwise, you've got to have the flash/shockwave player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back