Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to start scripts at startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookerxy

Technical User
Sep 26, 2002
DE
Hi Guys,

Maybe I find Help here.

Our OPen VMS guy has left company withou intorducing me
:( now I am going to replace him and i am really new @Open VMS.

How do I start Scrips like @TCPIP$SYMBOLS.COM and some further at startup

Its odd after login to set environments and symbols to get it really work.

Is there anywhere a place where I can add these scripts so that I don'nt need to start it manually.

I wwould like to start as well an MQ Series Listener on Start up.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely your Hooker

On OpenVMS V7.1, add it to the end of: SYS$MANAGER:SYSTARTUP_VMS.COM

This is the site-specific startup command procedure.

Glen

glen@kirbyassociates.com

Thanks Kirby2000,

I will check it today out.

But this seems to be very good

If it's SYMBOLS that you want to have available after login, then SYSTARTUP_VMS.COM will not be the correct place to execute this procedure/script.

You need to add this execution in the appropriate place in the SYS$STARTUP:SYLOGIN.COM procedure - assuming that you are executing that procedure. Check the value of SYS$SYLOGIN logical (SHOW LOGICAL SYS$SYLOGIN) to verify the procedure that is being executed at login.

NOTE that this procedure executes for EVERY user. If you want one that only executes it for yourself, add your "@" command to your own LOGIN.COM procedure.

Sounds as well good, the TCPIP$SYMBOLS.COM was not working on after startup some others like start a listener was working.

I 'll check it out today woth SYS$STARTUP:SYLOGIN.COM

Thanks for help

The answer should be documented in tcp/ip's installation manual... probably under post installation instructions.

That's probably the best place to find the answer, since this would be what the recommendation place would be for the script to start up.

just my 2 cents...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back