Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Stack Nortel Baystack 450-24T 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sha27

Technical User
Apr 20, 2007
NL
Hi all

I am new to this forum and new to the industry also, I am somewhat familiar with cisco, but still learning.

I read about the diffrent possible ways of getting into a Nortelbay Baystack 450-24T. My question is how do i stack these switches once i get a switch with a known password ?

- Ensure the same images (boot and runtime) are loaded on the switches you wish to put in stack.
- Check if there is a stacking module (in the back right side) in each device.
- Set the "base" switch ON on ONE device, OFF on ALL others.
- connect the stacking cables in a ring (from base to second, from second to third, .... to last, from last back to base).
- when the stack comes up log in and perform a stack reset to default.
- You can connect the switches in stack up or down configuration.
Suppose the base is the top switch, the base is always switch 1, depending how you connect the stack cables switch 2 is the second switch or the last switch.
Stack numbering can be checked, in the menu there is an option were one is lid on the base, two leds on switch 2, ...
To corect rearange the cables and perform a stack reset to default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back