Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to specify a source file name using a parameter in DTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariayx

Programmer
May 18, 2001
US
Hi all,
My ActiveX script loops on file names in a file directory and passes file name in a parameter one at a time as input source file for process in DTS package instead of specifying a fixed file name. Can anyone tell me about the syntax on how to pass the parameter for the file name? Thanks.
mariayx

Hi all,
Is there any guru out there that can help? I could not figure out how to put a variable as file name at step Text File(Source) in a DTS package. The previous step in the package is an Active X script which defines the variable.
Appreciate any help!
-mariayx

The quickest answer, I think, is to add a Dynamic Properties task between the ActiveX script and the data import. The task will assign the global variable value to the source filename property of the connection. I'm sure you can set this property directly from the ActiveX script, but I don't know the exact syntax. You could try for possible assistance. Good luck!

--Angel [rainbow]
-----------------------------------
Every time I lose my mind, I wonder
if it's really worth finding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back