Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to solve this: Method "connection object"_currentproject failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallyGals

Programmer
Feb 1, 2006
DE
Now i installed a system( which is use microsoft access 2000 to develop) in another user's pc, but the problem is the pc is using microsoft access 2003.Then this error message occur: Method "connection object"_currentproject failed.
I had replace the latest MDAC file into that pc, but it still can not run.
Can anyone give me idea on how to solve it?
thanks.

Have you checked the references ?
when in VBE (Ctrl+G) menu Tools -> References ...

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

I check references already, but it didnt missing any component.Since it shows the same error, so i think of other way to connect to the current project. i had change the connection string to ODBC. My source name is StockLevelingSystem.

the coding is this:
Set cnConn = New ADODB.Connection
With cnConn
.Provider = "MSDASQL"
.ConnectionString = "DSN=StockLevelingSystem;"
.Open
End With

For my pc, it can work. But in that user pc, it shows open object do not found althought i had set up the ODBC.
So any idea?

Did the DB compiles properly on that user PC ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

yup.
it shows this error:

Run-time error'-2147220999(800401f9)'
Method'open'of object'_connection 'failed

Is it missing component or was corrupted?
i had install MDAC 2.8 .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back