Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to show the data from two different database in ASP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

longmatch

Programmer
Nov 1, 2001
I am developing a ASP page to show data to our end users. The data stays in different tables of different database(MS ACCESS 2000) at different server, but the data structures are the same, for example, the field name and data type. I need to combine two tables together for presentation. Does anybody have this experiences?

Longmatch

Hi,
Just open a connection to each of the databases, retrieve the data into 2 separate record sets and combine them for display.
No sure of the actual code to do this, but I am sure there is a method - perhaps putting them into the same array.
[profile]

I had the same problem and was going to use ASP.NET/ Access & MS Sql Server DBs.
I'm sure that you can do it with DSNs since you DBs are on 2 different remote servers...

However, in my case there will be more different types of DBs to pull & combine data from, so I'm, probably, going to use a different (XRP RAD) software, which does it naturally and gives XML output of combined Datasets (if you need to place it on your website or you can just place a link to a server form if you don't want to bother with XML)

I hope that our top PROs here will give you more detailed answer to your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back