Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to show hyperlink in error message on asp page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeet2004

MIS
Jun 29, 2005
US
Hi,
In my asp page i have error messages displayed in the first line, so what i do is every page load i check for a variable and displays the message as different message are displayed depending on the error encountered.

now what i need to do is in one of the messages i have to provide a hyperlink and dont know how to do itor how to go about it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Look up the request.servervariables("HTTP_REFERER") variable. You can find more information about it here:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
- Winston Churchill

chopstik,
Thanks for your reply but i dont understand how thiis would help me.

what i want to do is suppose that i diplay total of 10 error messages and one of the message is "please refer to handbook for resolvign this error."

so what i want is user should be able to click on handbook and go to the handbook.

Please let me know if i am not clear and i would try to be more specific.

thanks.

Ok, sorry, I did misunderstand your original question. You can create a hyperlink using the <a> tag in HTML. For example, something like:
Code:
Please click <a href="[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.handbook.com?page=1">here</a>[/URL]
For more information, you can check the following information:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."
- Winston Churchill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back