Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to show both values and percentages on a chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sielah

Programmer
Oct 9, 2007
CA
I'm using Crystal to design a pie-chart.

I don't want to use the legend, because it's not really required.

What I do want is to show the label attached to each pie, along with both the value and the percentage associated with each slice.

At the moment, the options allow either value or percentage, but not both.

Can anyone suggest a way to get round this? Or is there something I'm missing?

I think you can only get both values and percentages in the legend, but that you will have to choose which to display for the slices. So that would be why the legend is required in this case!

-LB

Yeah, I didn't quite phrase the legend bit correctly :)

I guess I do really need it, just in a very simplified layout. I don't want the info stuck in a box, and I also hate the auto-formatting that Crystal seems to impose. Every time I move, resize or alter the chart in any way, my font size and text placement goes nuts. I haven't yet found a way to get round this.

You could consider adding the legend info as data in a subreport where you would have more control over the presentation.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back