Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to show Arrows in Excel Graph??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoma

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2001
EG
I want to show an arrow, with arrow head, in X-Y Excel graph. Does anybody know if this is possible through any add-ins.

Thanks all.

What kind of arrow, Zoma? Did you try drawing one? View-Toolbars-Drawing and use the arrow drawing tool.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

Thanks for reply.

What I mean is: I would like to have an Excel chart that shows the direction (Line with arrow head) between two sets of points (x1,y1) and (x2,y2).

I will use this for drwaing a chart similar to the BCG. It shows the market growth in one dimension and the product growth in the other. All data should be supplied as numbers in certain range.

e.g. Product Market
10 20 (Q1/2000)
13 19 (Q2/2000)
Point 1 is (10,20) & second point (13,19).

Could this happen by any mean on Excel.

Thanks.

Sorry. Ms. Braindead here does not know what BCG means. However! You might want to go to Tools-Addins and turn on the Analysis toolpak. Then you'll have additional options at the bottom of your Tools menu for more-specific kind of charts and stuff. It might have something similar to what you're looking for.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back