Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to setup SMDR on CS1k 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

mevans1974

IS-IT--Management
Jan 18, 2008
BS
Hi
I have a CS1k 5.5 and i need to configure the CDR to send records over IP.
do any one have the steps to do this.
Regards.

I'm looking for the same. Lets hope that someone helps out!!!

Buy a buffer box with an ip connection. Configure the box with an address and have whatever cdr system go to that address to pull records. Try mdr2000e or the new SEB modems do it also.

So what you are saying is it can't be done on the CS1K.
I know of the mdr2000e i'm trying to avoid buying it if the PBX can do it.

I have dont it on other IP PBX so im think Nortel must have thought about this,

we use a digi port server and link it into the network and it goes up to the home office about 300 miles away. it works great.

What he wants to know is, how do you send the CDR output to the Network without having to buy anything like a MDR2000e. Normally it goes to a TTY Port and them an MRD2000, is there a way to send it to the network?

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Yes, we send it out on a tty port and then send it to a digi port which converts it to the network, at which that time it is captured on the computer

If you have OTM/TM you can use the DBA method of collecting CDR data. That is data straight out of the switch and sent to the OTM/TM server via IP.

acewarlock... you are correct why should I have to buy something else if the switch can do it.
I can do it on the AVAYA,MITEL, Panasonic,Asterisk,TalkSwitch so i'm sure Nortel can do it

It seems like no body knows about send the CDR output to the CS1KE with a simple SMDR machine.

You can turn on DBA but then the software needs to have the capability to retrieve the file from the PBX. TM/OTM is the only product that I am aware of that can do this. But if call records are critical then you want to use the MDR2000e for this application. A reload can cause you to lose data. Another thing you need to consider is that the system uses a call register for every CDR record and NEVER set PCDR to yes as it will give CDR priority over call processing.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back