Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to setup Internet Mail Service to accept MIME 64base encoded mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcwc66

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2001
US
Hi,

I'm trying to send a smtp email to MS Exchange Server 5.5. I got the message:

The Microsoft Exchange Server received an Internet message that could not be processed. To view the original message content, open the attached message.

The smtp email contains some text, a base64 encoded text which is originally a jpeg, some html text. If I just email the text and html part, it works. So, the problem is related to the base64 encoded text. I have tried my routine to a smtp server within IIS 5.0 and it works. So, I believe it is related to the settings (most likely in the Internet Mail Service) of the Exchange Server. I hope someone can tell me how to set it up.

The current setting of the IMS is MIME Plain text and Character Sets: MIME and non-MIME are both Western European (ISO-8859-1). All the other check boxes are unchecked. I have a bitmap of the settings but I don't know how to attach it to here.

Thank you for any help.

Hi.

Did you resolve this issue? I am suffering from exactly the same problem and this is the only reference to it that I have been able to find.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Richard

The originating mail user must send messages to Exchange Server recipients in either MIME or Uuencode format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back