Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to setup FTP server with IIS within window 2k server

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerunkevin

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2002
US
HI all,

I am trying to setup FTP server in this Window 2000 Server. The IP address for the server is internal 192.168.x..x Therefore, it doesn't have a static IP address assign to it. DO I need to add a NIC card, add a static IP address and setup the FTP server that way? Let me know is this is the right way to go about setting the FTP server? Apprecaited your help.

Love always,
Kevin Z
Techncial Support specailist

You'll definitely want a static IP address. If you have a dynamically-assigned address, you'll be getting very frustrated when the machine is assigned a new address and you can't connect.

Only one NIC is necessary and you can take multiple IP addresses without adding additional NICs.

Since ftp listens on a different port (21) than IIS (80), you do not necessarily need to assign multiple IP addresses to the machine in order to accomplish setting up both of these services.

Len

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back