Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Setup CM3.1 for MM

Status
Not open for further replies.

msobkowi

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2006
CA
I have a new installation. I have gone through the entire process of setting up phones as well as setting up both the MAS and MSS. The only problem I am having is actually setting up the main link from the CM to the MAS. Can someone please help on setting this up. Any helps would be appreciated. The CM is running on a S8300 sitting in a G350 chassis. Just not sure where to go from here. I have setup in the VMSC so that VM should come in on extension 9000. Or is the MAS supposed to be able to relay all the information accordingly into the CM automatically.
Any help would be appreciated. This is a test setup, so if something breaks that ok, but I need it up and running asap.

Thanks

Do you have the config notes to do the programing? Are you going to use T-1 or IP ?

What if any port boards do you have in the MM system?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Config notes for programming. I'm using whatever Avaya provides on their support website, which isn't too much. I have no formal training in Avaya hardware, just basically learn as I read their documentation and do on their hardware.
We are using IP for the link
So basically, I'll give you a quick rundown of what we have in our setup.
CM3.1 running on S8300 sitting in G350, the S8300 is the only board in the G350
Running both the MAS and MSS on the S3500 Platforms.
Running S8500C as the SES Server.
I followed one of the docs from the Avaya support site which basically sets up the link between the CM and MAS, but I had no luck. So after following the doc, when I call the voicemail extension, 9000, the phones do show 9000 MAS as the extension, but simply goes to a valid busy signal as opposed to an invalid busy tone.
I run the port monitoring software, and everything stays in an idle state.
At this point, anything will help. If I can have the MAS actually detect an incoming call would be great, but not even that is working

I read and followed the instruction using the "Avaya Definity G3,Prologix & S8300/S8400/S8500/S87x0 H.323" Configuration note doc.

So let me make sure I understand. You have the trunk group all setup in the S8300 and you did all of the programming in the MM system per the config note and still nothing?

Did you do the RFA for the lic file on the PBX and the Mm system? do the trunks show as up in the pbx on the mm trunk group?

I assume you are using IP phones and that they are working fine right?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

After playing around, I can now successfully call into the voicemail system, but when I try to log into a local subscriber, after putting in the password, the voicemail attendant notifies that there is an error with the system and kicks me out. Another thing is now, I can't access my VoiceDomain. Seeing that I am on vacation until Tuesday, I plan on reinstalling the MAS since in the attempt to get things working, I am sure that I did something that broke something. Either way, a quick reinstall and following the last section of the Config guide should put me back into a working state.
Thanks for all the help Ken and I will update this thread by Tuesday afternoon when everything is working "*sigh* wink wink".

And yes all IP Phones and all working ok, even has some 3rd party SIP clients working, just not VM mailboxes access, but progress with the VM Attendant.

Cheers,
Mathew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back