Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to setup an 1800 # to point to a pillot number

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeban

Technical User
Sep 28, 2002
US
Thanks for your help. I am asked to order a 800 number that is going to be used in disater recovery situation. the 800 will point to a pilot DN where a call to an 800 # will ring on all 4 phone that are setup for this situation. this way if somebody is on the phone the reset of station are listening for calls. any idea how do I program this ? which loads? I am new to this. Please can you help.
Again Thanks for your help

ARE THEY GOING TO BE SENDING YOU DNIS DIGITS OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Point the new 800 number to a DID number. Have that number appear on the 4 telesets (key 2 SCR xxxx).

Program all in LD 11.

Do you need it to roll to other lines if the DID number you use is busy?

What I have done in the past is have the 800 number provider point the 800 number to an unused DID number and I put this DID number either on an ACD queue or I make MCR keys on phones, in your case you should use MCR KEYS on the 4 phones.

thanks for the response. I am intrested in all reponses.I need to all phones that they are going to be maned all the time, and if somebody answers I sohould be able to answer an additional callers with the rest of sets. Acewarlock can you show me how you do it by using an ACD queue step by step because I am kind a new to this. I apreciate everbody help.

to My knoweledgde they are point the 800 # to a DID # in the Option81C
Thanks

When you call the 800 number does it ring the did number?

jjmcc2

yes When you call the 800 number it ring the did number.

the 800 will ring on one set. what is the best solution when it comes to the other 2 phones. how do you program them. what is my options for a good solution.

If they are 500 sets program in LD 10, digitals in LD 11. The most important thing is in cls put hta, and for hunt put the next phone you want it to go to. That way if the first phone is busy it will hunt to the second phone in the hunt group, and if that one is busy, it will go to the third. Only problem - person on first phone gets all the calls. Not the most sophisticated way, but the easiest. If you can use a multi line set, put all 3 lines on every phone, make lhk 2, hunt 000, and the calls will hunt up the key strip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back