Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to setup a ported number to select a location to ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

setprogram

Technical User
Jun 6, 2007
US
Hi all,

Thanks in advance. I have a question about programming and how to. I have a client that is porting in one number. Is there anyway to setup that number that says press 1 for John, 2 for Jack, 3 for Bill and then have the system ring that location? So far, I've been assigning the ring to the PBX and/or only one DID.

My Norstar version is 4.5.

Thanks again.

You can do that if you have voicemail. Set up an AA (auto attendant) and have it answer that line, program it to give choices you want.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Thanks John,

I already have one AA setup on voicemail. Can I set up a second on a CallPilot? I have five voicemail extensions. I assumed they were set up for overflow.

Yep. Under AA/Lines, enter that line number. Your existing lines are probably set to answer with Table 1. Set your new line to Table 2.

Under AA/Table-2, assign and record new greetings, and set up and enable your new CCR tree.

RikRogers,

Thanks Rik. I looked at my Web Interface and our original programmer did not setup any tables or CCR trees. We have a PRI that carries calls in. Basically, we have fifty plus offices that could be several different companies. The incoming calls are programmed to ring at the front desk during normal business hours and the receptionist answers. Then we turn services on at night, the phones then ring at the front desk and the individual extensions. The individual DID's are programmed for voicemail to pick after 4 rings, if no one answers. The front desk voice mail picks up after eight rings. That is the configuration the original programmer designed....I've just been continuing this setup....This is what I discovered..

Auto-Attendant Properties

Return to Auto-Attendant:

Touchtone Gate:

Use customized digits:

Lines Administration
Line Answer Mode Table/Skillset Rings Command
1 No --- 0 Change

2 No --- 0 Change

3 No --- 0 Change

4 No --- 0 Change

5 No --- 0 Change

6 No --- 0 Change

7 No --- 0 Change

8 No --- 0 Change

9 No --- 0 Change

10 No --- 0 Change

11 No --- 0 Change

12 No --- 0 Change

13 No --- 0 Change

14 No --- 0 Change

15 No --- 0 Change

Change Many Lines

Line Range: (1-500)

Table/Skillset Number:

Number of Rings:

CLID Routing Table
Calling Line ID Type Value Commands

Greeting Table Command
1 Change

2 Change

3 Change

4 Change

CCR Tree Administration
Tree Status Command
1 Not defined Create

2 Not defined Create

3 Not defined Create

4 Not defined Create

5 Not defined Create

6 Not defined Create

7 Not defined Create

8 Not defined Create

I tried setting it up, but I'm doing something wrong...Have I missed a step?

AS you say nothing is setup. You have allot of work. You need to find out what the Target Line # is for your incoming ported DID. That's in the MICS. Then you tell the AA to answer that line "Y", and "0" rings and with Greeting Table "1-4". Then you got to go to that Table and assign greetings "1-4". Now, if you want options, such as, "For Sales, press one." You'll need to build a CCR Tree and assign it to that Table.

So you better get started, and check in.

Adversity is Opportunity

Have you built a target line for this number yet? If so, that's a good place to start. Everything else depends on that line number you build.

In the phone system's installer programming (f**266344), go to Lines, and find one that doesn't have any receive digits assigned to it. They'll start at either 145, or 156. So, assuming your installer started there, and didn't skip any, and you've got 50 DID's, and 1 Main Line, I'd guess your next available one would be around Line 196, or 207.

While you're browsing through, make a mental note of the number of digits you see programmed in the other DID's under rec digits. You'll want to program the same number of digits for your new line, so if your new line is 555-1234, and the other Lines have 5 digits, you'll program your new line as 51234.

If none of this makes sense, I'd recommend calling a local vendor to help you out. Inaccurate changes made here can cause real headaches down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back