Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up voice mails on Avaya partner 2? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hekakbce

Technical User
Mar 12, 2010
US
Hello everybody,

Maybe somebody can help me set up voice mails on my phone system.
The system i have is on the picture.
2 boards on the left are 103e19
Music on hold in the middle
Bord on the right is RS232
The way it set up right now;
When somebody calls and no body picks up the phone it goes directly to the voice mail. If people hit 0 it will go to extension 10. It does not matter what number people hit it will automatically go to ext 10.
Is it possible to set up voice mail to each extension?

Clarification needed....

Are incoming calls really being sent directly to a voicemail box (EXT 10 for example) or are they really being answered by the auto attendant?

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

I noticed the stickers on the front of the modules. The words are fuzzy, but I can make out "24 hour.....”

Was the system installed and being maintained by a contractor?

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

You didn't really pay money for that installation, did you?!?

As Paul asks, clarify what is currently answering.

Yes, it can easily answer with an auto attendant ("If you know your party's extension number, dial it now"), and then transfer to the extension, covering to the individual mailbox if unanswered.

I had this system for 2 years already. the guy who serviced it before is out of business. TouchToneTommy you probably don't remember but about a year ago you helped me with it. we had lights outage and you helped me set it up.
When customer calls and we dont pick up the phone after 4 rings it goes to voice mail. It does not matter what number customer presses it goes to voice mail at extension 10.
The way i want to set it up is when customer calls and there is no answer. I would like to say for customer service press 10 for shipping press 11 and it would go directly to that extension. That way customers can leave a voice mail at any extension they select.

OK, then you assign the lines to the Auto Attendant, through System Programming #206-7-(line number)-1

Assign the ring delay #506-2 (Delayed, which is 4 rings)

Assign them to always be answered, #507-1

Every extension that will have voice mail, #310-(extension number)-1

(System Programming is Feature 00, Left Intercom twice, at Ext. 10)

Now log into the voice mail System Administrator's mailbox
Intercom 777
99#
Password-#
9 - Programming
3 - Auto Attendant
If prompted for Auto Attendant Number, press 1
1 - Day Menu
6 - Modify
1 - Selector Code 1
9 - Yes, you want to modify
5 - Direct Extension Transfer
2 - Selector Code 2
9 - Yes, you want to modify
5 - Direct Extension Transfer
*# - Done with Selector Codes
1 - New Message
Wait for the beep, record the message
1 - End of Message
23 - Playback, or 21-ReRecord
*# Approve the new message

If you will use Night Service, go back, but press 2 instead of 1 for Night Mode, and ignore the part about selector codes, just press 1 for a new message.

If the mailboxes do not exist, log into the voice mail System Administrator's mailbox, 9 for programming, 4 for mailboxes, extension number and #, and 6 (I think, listen to the prompt) to create the mailbox.

if in system programing i press #207 it does not exist. If i press #206 it takes me to grpcalldist

TouchToneTommy on more question. can i set up the phones when people call and we are on the phone it will put them automatically on hold at customer service extension?

I don't see where I wrote #207

It's #206, then 7 for Group 7, then 01 for Line 1, then 1 to assign it. Same, but with 02 for Line 2.

Depending on the release of your Partner II, you could use ASA (Automatic System Answer) to answer a call, and put it on hold at Ext. 10 (only), but that eliminates the Auto Attendant answering. Or you can set the Transfer Return Rings to 0 (no return), let the auto attendant answers, and send the customer service calls to an extension without voice mail, and the call will ring there forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back