Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Set up Sent Items Folder in GroupWise 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mojo

Programmer
Jun 7, 1999
US
Visit site
I am a new GroupWise user.<br>
<br>
My account does not have a &quot;Sent Items&quot; folder in the Main Window. Other persons accounts have a folder with the &quot;find in groupwise&quot; icon on it.<br>
<br>
I can get to &quot;Sent Items&quot; under &quot;view&quot; on the tool bar but it would be nice to have it in the Main Window.<br>
<br>
How do I set it up?<br>
<br>

To restore the sent items folder you first right click on the user name in the top left window in the groupwise screen and select new folder, than select Find results folder then select Predefined find results folder then select Sent items from the box below then click next then click finish, and your all set.<br>
I run in to this problem all the time our users are forever deleting the sent items folder.<br>
<br>

You will also run into this when you archive your email. Most of the archives won't have a Sent folder so you will need to create one in basically the same way:<br><br>A. If you don't have a Sent folder in your Archive, you can create it easily: <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;STEPS: <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Step 1: Make sure you are in your Archive directory. <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Step 2: Click on File, New, Folder. <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Step 3: Choose Find Results Folder and then click Predefined find results folder. <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Step 4:In the white box below, click on Sent Items and then Next. <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Step 5:Using the direction buttons on the right side of the next screen, place your Sent Items folder where you want it (usually underneath the Mailbox folder).<br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Step 6:Click Next. <br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Step 7:Your Sent Folder should now automatically contain the Sent items you archived. <br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back