Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up Paging overhead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uttommy

MIS
Oct 29, 2008
US
I would like to know how to program, like a prayer or something of that nature on our paging system. Maybe record it on a MP3 and somehow integrate it with the voicemail system. I have a Option 61C. Any tips or tricks for this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey Tommy. Unless you're a church or something of that type of business, don't do it. Can you imagine hearing the same thing over and over, every day!? That's really a form of brain washing, and eventually, one of your employees is going to sue you.
To that end, Valcom has paging amps that integrate music to be played and cuts out while paging.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

They want this to be changed daily so it would be a different recording of a prayer each day. We are a healthcare facility.

Thanks,
Tommy

I wouldn’t think it would have anything to do with the phone system? You could just use an old PC tied to the PA amp, and use windows TASK SCHEDULER to schedule specific MP3's to play at particular times..... You could share the MP3 folder with whoever is changing them, keep the file names the same and you wouldn’t have to touch that machine very much.. P1.mp3, P2.mp3

But yea like Doc says... sounds annoying to me, if I’m stuck in a hospital bed being forced to listen to anything......

we used a vm recording extended out to 3 minutes, then had the operator conf that in to dial page.. the cot i use for paging has a tfd set to 180.. (timed force disconnect).. so that timer did the rls..

it took a week to build the work around and lasted for 4 hours.. the plan was to play a recording ever time a baby was born.. 30-50 times a day.. great plan, seems we should have kept it out of the marble conf rooms

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John,
Could you send me a example to use that I may try for my system please.

Thanks,
Tommy

do you have overhead working?

if so, build an app that just plays the recording and hangs up.. dial the acod of your overhead hit transfer, dial the cdn of the app, press the connect..

you are transfering your page trunk to the recording..

what do you need to see, ie no new code if overhead is working

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i just added my paging route and trunk to the faq's here.. feel free to post questions is you get stuck..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

We use a Viking DNA-510, connected via an analog extension, with a lullaby recorded on it for when babies are born. It allows prerecorded messages to be played, as well as a live announcements.

does your overhead paging work?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back