Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How To Set Up Mailbox to be able to connect to cell phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddools

Technical User
Nov 8, 2005
US
Does anyone know how to set up a mailbox (call Pilot 100) to be able to select ie" press 7 to connect to my cell phone while in the mailbox for someone?
Thanks

Southie Boy!

First of all, outbound xfer has to be allowed in the mailbox programming. From there, you log into your mailbox, press "admin" or "8", then press 8 to setup / turn on or off the feature. If you just wait and listen to the lady, she will step you right through it. ONE WORD OF CAUTION - HAVE A UNIQUE PASSWORD! This is one of the ways hackers get in.

Still a little lost? Did it, but where do you set up the number? etc!

Southie Boy!

The number to outdial to is setup in the individual mailbox. (As described in the previous post). The individual user must set this up themselves through mailbox admin. You cannot set this up for them, unless you know the password to the mailbox. That is the reason I said make sure you have "good / unique" passwords in place, or you could easily get hacked

In the greeting for the mailbox how does example "press 8 to be connected to my cell phone work?

Southie Boy!

Once you set the outdial up in the mailbox, you instruct the caller to press 7 to be transferred to your cell phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back