Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up Extension Status buttons using WinSPM > Telephone Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalphNY

MIS
Mar 13, 2013
US
This should be trivial, but the system only seems to let you program Extension Status / extension-appearance buttons on DSS button side-cars, not on the programmable phone buttons themselves.

Can anyone point me to instructions for programming these buttons to be lit when the extensions are in use, something clearer / simpler than the Magix Feature Guide?

I'm not sure if I may not be seeing these options if the phone is not in Extension Supervisor mode, but I am working remotely and only have access to the system via WinSPM, so hopefully it can be set up through that. Thanks a lot, Ralph.

Program Button-Feature is Auto-dial, then inside, then enter the extension you want to see. They can be used for auto-dialing that extension and they will also light when they are on the phone.

Thanks. By "Auto-dial, then inside," do you mean auto-dial then *33, then the extension?

I'm working through WinSPM > Telephone Programming, and I don't see an Inside option, but that's what I think you mean. Do you mean *33 for "inside"? or something else? Thanks again, Ralph.

If you are using Winspm, under program extension, click the button to program, click "list feature", choose auto dial, choose inside, enter the extension.

Thanks. I was just working from memory at that point, and hadn't seen that Inside/Outside option after Auto Dial, because I wasn't able to work on the phone system until after hours, to avoid disrupting people's phones. That was all it was. Thanks again for your help.

33 is forwarding use *22 for inside auto dial or *21 for telephone #

crvbob: Thanks. I'm not at the site, and at this point, can't use feature codes. I had only mentioned *33 because at that point I wasn't connected to the system, and I didn't recall seeing the Inside/Outside option for Auto Dial in WinSPM telephone programming, and thought he meant to put in a feature code directly in/before the extension number to Auto Dial, but he meant the Inside/Outside radio buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back