Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up default web page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloomlight

IS-IT--Management
Jun 12, 2006
US
I am creating Intranet for the company. After it's done, I would like to set up default web page for anyone logged in to company's network. In another words, I want everyone working in the office when they click the Internet Explorer, they would get the company's Intranet page first.

Does anyone have an idea how to set this up? Is that something that group policy can handle? If so, how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for your response. But I would like to know how to get this set up on the server group policy, not everyone's pc group policy. Is there a way to do it?

Just depends on ewhat policy you put it in. Where it is within the policy itself stays the same. You can create another policy and just adjust this settings as shown in the link I sent.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

think this is what you're after.
Open up the Group Policy and navigate to User Configuration > Windows Settings > Internet Explorer Maintenance > URLs > Important URLs.

Regards
Max
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back