Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to set up call forwarding all calls to an external number

Status
Not open for further replies.

klamm49

Technical User
Oct 21, 2010
US
One of our employee needs to have the capability of configuring call forwarding to an external number. We use 7921g phones and we connect the Call manager to our Avaya PBX for making out bound calls. We have tried to forward the calls to an external number, but it fails to work. I spoke to one of my counter parts regarding this problem, which he said it has never worked.

I appreciate any help with configuring this.

Our call manager system version is 5.1.3.1000-12. The Avaya system version is R9r5.0.122.

The connection between the two systems is two T1 connections.

Thank you in advanced.

Todd

In the line settings make sure you can forward to whatever calling power you need to make that type of call.

Where would I check this setting? I am able to forward the call from the 7921 to a currently existing Cisco phone extension. I can not forward the phone to an extension on our Avaya or to an external outside number, which would access our Avaya to get to the outside trunks.

I am a newbee with Cisco programming, so I need a little programming guidance.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks

The permissions are set in the Calling Search Space. The Calling Search Space is bound in the directory number to the directory number and also the forwarding rules of that directory number.

You probably need to set another Calling Search Space with higher authorization on the forwarding rules.

ps. if you don't know how CSS works (what I suspect) I advice to call your supplier. Cause that is a long long story :p

Good Luck

The phone can make outbound calls itself correct? If so when you are in that particular phone look at the CSS it has. Then go to that particular line and make sure your call forward has the same CSS power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back