Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up a scheduled night service (newbie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

benfrain

IS-IT--Management
Apr 3, 2009
GB
Our phone system is a BCM50 1.00.2.04.j and the company that used to set up these things for us is no more...

Apologies therefore is some of my terminology is a little off or this is all a little basic. Hope someone can help...

At present we have an auto-attendant that answers the calls and offers users a menu ("press 1 for sales, 2 for tech support etc") during the day.

At night, we enter feature 982, then enter '67372867' to put night service on. And then switch it off again in the morning.

However, people are forgetting to do this so the night service is being left on. I'd like to set a schedule to automatically turn the night service off between 8.45am and 6pm.

So, using BCM elements manager I've set a schedule under the Telephony\Scheduled Services\Night but despite setting the 'Ringing Svc' underneath to 'Auto' it doesn't seem to work properly - instead it sends the call to our first DDI handset (ext. 201).

How do I send it to send calls which come during the night schedule to the 'main' voicemail? I presume the 'main' voicemail has an extension number I can use instead on 201? Is this a default number? If not, how do I find out which extention to send it to?

Hi Curly,

I did that and it displays '343'.

However, when I enter '343' into the 'Extra Dial Set' box for Night Service, it still sends calls to the 201 voicemail.

Any idea why this might be?

Thanks.

Dont use night service..this is primarly for adding ringing extns to a ring group for external calls to be answered..

What YOU NEED is AA with a Greeting TABLE which has timers for morning,afternoon,evening, business closed(Night) messages and can be controlled for each day of the week.

Go to call pilot Auto Attentant menu
Select from the Menu --Greeting Tables-
In there you will see the days and timeslots to switch on/off different greetings and CCR trees

Hold on, you need night service it you want AA to answer at different times during the course of a day.

In AA/Table that only states when a type of message should play, not when it should answer.

Extra Dial set....been awhile but think you not in the right part, is there Ring Groups and members? you want to add a member.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Benfrain says they use f982 to switch on/off night message.
This is AA....
If the lines are being answered by AA then you need to us the AA table timers

morn--afternoon--evening---bus closed(night)F982
Mon 08:00 1200 1600 17:00
tues 08:00 1200 1699 17:00

etc

this allows you to set different times throughout the day and NIGHT so as the night message comes on without intervention.

No that only tells a message to play at those specific times, it does not tell the system (vmail) to answer at those times.

They want to get away from F982 have have it automatic as they keep forgetting to do the F982 at 6pm....the only way is service modes as that is what it's for.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Go into Services/RingingService/RingingGroup/01/Scan and remove 221,Show set 343 (voice mail DN) an Assign it.

Go into Services/RingingService/SchedNight/ and change to Auto, press next until you see Line settings and add all your lines to group 01.

Go into Services/RingingService/CommonSettings/ControlSets/forLines and make it receptions DN for each line. This in case you want to override night service.

Go into Services/RingingService/CommonSettings/ScheduleTimes/ and change each day to 6pm or whatever you require.

Program a F871 key on reception set to override if need.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Oh I'm getting confused.!!!!!!!!

From Benfrain post he says he is using AA with CCR to provide options to the callers

"at present we have an auto-attendant that answers the calls and offers users a menu ("press 1 for sales, 2 for tech support etc") during the day.

At night, we enter feature 982, then enter '67372867' to put night service on. And then switch it off again in the morning."

SO from this i am assuming his phone system is being answered Automatically with lines set to AA "0" Rings.

I am also assuming the night service he is referring to is setting the system to "Bus Closed" so as the night message is played after hours.

So during the day the Day message plays with CCR options
and at night the Night message plays to say the office is closed.

Benfrain a bit more info may be required to decide is it NIGHT SERVICE MODES you want or a Night message playing.

When you use F982 what exactly do you switch on/off
is it Bus Closed or Answer lines.

How long does your system wait before AA answers the call.

Quote:
However, people are forgetting to do this so the night service is being left on. I'd like to set a schedule to automatically turn the night service off between 8.45am and 6pm.

What they are forgetting is F982..not Night Service as he has incorrectly stated.

There is nothing automated at specific times except for greetings when it come to voice mail, AA is only determined by a set ring count thus why the need to use Service Modes.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Hi,

Curlycord, I've just tried to follow your instructions but I don't seem to have a 'services' menu.

I have a 'scheduled services' which is under 'Telephony'. Where should I be looking?

In answer to the earlier questions, during office hours (e.g. when someone has remembered to do the 'Feature 982' thing):

If you call our office: it seems to 'blip' a split second (like the beginning of a normal ring) before going to the message system 'press 1 for sales, 2 for tech support etc')

From within the office: no blip is heard, the first thing we know about a call is when somebody has selected one of the options above and it routes to where it should go.

WHAT WE WANT: To set a simple timer so that on weekdays between 8.45am and 6PM if you call our main number you get the normal voice prompts (1 for sales, 2 for tech support etc) and after 6PM, if someone is dialling the main switchboard number, we just want a standard message to play to say we are closed. However, we would people dialling DDI numbers to still be able to get through.

So... Should I be looking to set this up in CallPilot or somewhere else? Thanks for the help with this...

I have to agree with Snowman50 on this one Curly.
This just needs to be setup in VoiceMail AA.

Benfrain ...
Access your CallPilot.
Go to Auto Attendant and check the Line Administration table.
Find the Lines that are set for "AA" to determine which Greeting Table answers the call.
Go to the Greeting Table by clicking the link in the Line Administration table.
Review the time parameters configured in the Greeting Table. These will be based on Day and Time.
You will have a Morning, Afternoon, Evening, and Non-Business. Each option will have a time associated for each day of the week.
Please post the times for each greeting (Morning, Afternoon, Evening, and Non-Business) on each day.

Essentially, the process you were using through F982 was setting the Non-Business greeting to play continually until somebody accessed F982 again and set the "Business Status" back to open. AA can do this automatically if the time of day parameters are configured correctly.

-SD-

Sorry my bad
For some reason all this time I assumed it was human answer in day and was asking how for vmail to answer at night. I gather I was right to a degree but not in this situation.

benfrain states: If you call our office: it seems to 'blip' a split second

This blip is a half ring, to remove it if annoying then tell lines to Appear Only at that phone.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Curly

Just wanted to say thanks. I have been trying to find a way to turn on the AA without F982.

SupportDude - OK, there are two lines under AA >> lines Administration, they are 125 and 144.

I've attached two screen grabs here of how each is set up. If you could advise what I need to change...?

125.jpg

144.jpg

Let's start with Greeting Table 1:
For Monday - Friday, set your Morning Greeting time to match the time your business opens, for example 08:45 AM.
I can see that this table uses a different greeting for each time parameter. You can leave Afternoon at 12:00 PM. Change Evening to 05:00 PM. Change Non-Business to the time your business closes for the day, for example 06:00 PM.
If your business is closed on the weekend, set all the time parameters for Saturday & Sunday to 12:00 AM. This will default to playing the Non-Business greeting for the entire weekend.

Since Greeting Table 2 plays the same greeting for all time parameters except Non-Business, its only important to set the Non-business time to accurately reflect the time your business closes.

Hope this helps!

-SD-

SupportDude - thanks - that has worked a treat. All seems to be working exactly as needed.

Thanks to everyone else for contributing and helping me get a solution with this also.

Curly

Just wanted to say thanks. I have been trying to find a way to turn on the AA without F982.

I should give the wrong answer more often.
Glad it worked out for both of you.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back