Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set up a Group Pickup with Nortel Meridian 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

djpedrick

MIS
Jul 26, 2005
US
So when the system was installed originally a group pickup was set up for the MIS department, but it doesn't seem to work properly, so I am going to just set up a new one, I can not find these instructions on any of our Paperwork, so anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

DJ

In LD 20 print the TN of each set. Next to RNPG they should all have the same number. If not, that's the problem. In the same load change the ones that do not have the same number.

If any of these is an ACD then you will have to out and rebuild the set. Little more work.

This is how groups are created. You just need to keep documentation as to who is on what pickup group.

You may also want to double check the class of service on these phones as well. I think you should have PUA and GPUA.

Oh thanks guys, that was fast. I appreciate it. I am saw new at working with Nortel that even with what you just wrote I am going to take a while to figure that out. lol

DJ

Hey folks,

Just a quick question off the back of the points above. In our company if you want to pickup a ringing phone within your department you diall **0 and that picks it now how do u do it so that you can pick up a ringing phone in another rnpg group also are there any other classes which need to be enabled to make this happen.

Hope you can help
Nigel

two types of pickup, you need to look call pickup directed, ld 56 to print the ffc pugr, default is spre 94, dial the group number.. that has to be turned on in the cdb under ftr.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back