Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Set Outbound CLID on Phantom TNs

Status
Not open for further replies.

gv82

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2007
Hello,

We have an external DID that routes to a phantom TN and the phantom TN is programmed to forward all calls to an external number. The external number is owned by a 3rd party service that provides time of day routing, etc. The team that owns this DID uses this number as their on-call number.

The CLID that the 3rd party service receives is that of the original caller. We've been asked to set the outbound CLID to match the DID. This will enable the team members to setup special rules on their mobile phones like ring extra loud for on-call calls, etc.

Is this possible? How would we configure this?

Thanks!

I tried to find XLST in the Nortel documentation I have. I saw that XLSTs are setup in LD 18. I also printed the TN in question and saw there isn't an XLST assigned yet.

Any tips on how to create the XLST that would change the CLID? I'd be glad to read Nortel's documentation on this if you can point me to an NTP. I have trouble finding what I need in those documents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back