Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set modem baudrate? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petruska6432

Technical User
May 9, 2001
US
I have AOpen FM56-PM, with Rockwell chip. I tried
AT#BDR=4, but it gives error.
Thanks.

What exactly are you trying to do?
The modem defaults to a V.90 protocall, with a "baud" rate of the maximum your phone line can handle, usually around 43000 to 53000 bps.
If you want to specify a certain speed, why?
I can give you the AT commands to set it anywhere you like. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Jim,
I need to do remote administration of a Meridian PBX with a serial port working at 9600 bps. If I innitiate connection at other speed, the connection with the remote modem establishes, but the serial port of the PBX doesn´t understand my characters and vice-versa.
As I said, AT#BDR=x (x=1 to 5) command didn´t work with my AOpen FM56-PM modem (it displays "error"), and I can´t find the exact AT command to do so.
Thanks.
Pedro

Thanks Jim,
AT+MS=V34,0,,,,9600 worked, and connection stablished at 9600. Unfortunately I must have other problem, and I continue receiving bad characters, perhaps I will ask you again after I do some trials.
Thank you again and best regards.
Pedro (from Argentina)

It's the protocall.
You're currently using V.34 (obviously from the init I gave you).
Check to see if you need a different protocall. Possibly Bell or V.32 or somesuch.
If you do, let me know, and I'll get the init for you. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

Yes Jim, I tried V32Bis (AT+MS=V32B,0,,,,9600), and it works completely OK.
Thank you very much from Argentina.
Pedro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back