Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set inside hosts to use 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrianday

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2002
GB
My subject description may be misleading.

I think my PIX is limited to 10 inside hosts. we have a numer of remote users who connect to recieve e-mail and browse our intranet.
Our inside network has many more than 10 hosts. Whats happens when a connection is made to say the 11th host, does an already 'connected' one drop out?

At present i have configured our 3 subnets on the 'inside' interface. If i were to add or replace these with only the hosts needed would i stop the '11th' host problem.
If this type of question has been answered here or elsewhere please kindly direct me to it.
many thanks Adrian

The 11th connection that attempts to traverse the pix will be blocked. It wont drop any current connections. You should upgrade your license to 50 users.

Thanks for replying so quickly. upgrading to 50 users is an option we would need to consider.

Could you tell me how i would configure the PIX to only allow 10 hosts of my choice. As you can guess i'm bit of a newby

Please note that VPN users also count into the 10 host limit.

You configure your nat and specify the ip addresses that you wish to traverse the firewall

nat (inside) 1 192.168.10.25 255.255.255.255
nat (inside) 1 192.168.10.33 255.255.255.255

So in conclusion my PIX could have 20 remote VPN users(people) as long as inside there were only 10 devices (MAC's, IP address's)), or have I totaly misunderstood

many thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back