Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to set default values in Value Prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

asini

Technical User
Nov 13, 2008
US
Hello All,

Can you please give me any ideas related to below problem

in my report i have a value prompt (multi selectable countries list)
this is manually created prompt (inserted one prompt page, then inserted value prompt from toolbox)

when i run the report this prompt shows available countries (what ever exist in Database could be 20 or 50 .....)
in the list when i select values & click finish it works fine

how can i set default values (when we run the report USA & CANADA needs to be select default)
because almost 95% of our customers will run based on only US & CANADA countries

i did, setup valueprompt Default Select Value, but it is useless, it doesn't work

Please Help Me

Thanks in advance

asini

Hi asini,

It seems strange it doesn't work with default selections.

I've also done it using Javascript.

I hate using it but I couldn't do it other way.

Look in the support, proven practices with the keyword Javascript.

after you build the vaule prompt, click the Value Prompt object and check the Properties: General\Default Selections.
with the input value, you should check the properties of the value you want to focus on. Remember check the value of "Member Unique Name" Ex:
[great_outdoors_company].[Years].[Years].[Year]->:[ PC ].[@MEMBER].[20040101-20041231]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back