Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to set CE9 Web component server "Session Timeout" value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenkang

Programmer
Jan 22, 2002
US
Hello,

We use the CE 9 do URL report publishing. For some large report, the report viewer will stop response after 10 minutes. I guess this could be caused by Web component server "Session Timeout" settings.

For CE 8.5, there is a command line parameters which can change the timeout setting, "-DefaultSessionTimeout=20". However, this seems not work with CE 9. Does anybody know how to change the Web component server "Session Timeout" settings for CE 9?

Thanks a lot.

Kang

Thanks for your help.

Seems that patch should fix the timeout issue, however, it doesn't work. I have follow CR instruction and applied those 3 patchs, set DefaultSessionTimeout to 30 (web component server ->command line) and reboot the server. But the viewer still stopped after 10 minutes. Right now We have all timeout settings (Page server, cache server etc.) set to 45 minutes, and 30 for web component server, there is no place we specify for "10". So I think the 10 minutes is hard code inside web component server.

Any suggerstions?

Thanks a lot.

Kang

Anybody make that patch work? We really need to solve this problem. Seems that patch just released several days ago.

The switch for the WCS is actually

-DefaultSessionTimeout 10

No equal (=) sign. If you include that it will be ignored by teh system.

The default session timeout is internally set to 20 minutes. This sommand should override it, but it does need the patch applied per synapse... post

Cheers,

SurfingGecko
Home of Crystal Ease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back