Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to send fax ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahroozj

Programmer
Aug 19, 2002
IR
Hi

could you please help me to program a object that send a fax

thanks

Well.. to do so directly would require you interacting with the software at a low level. And therefore the precise actions required would vary as it would depend on the software concerned (interacting with DLL's for example - making system calls.)

I suggest that another approach, would be to let the user select the fax driver from the available printers. Fax drivers are normally classified as printer drivers and as such can be selected from those avaialable on the sytem

Once the user has specified the driver, all that is required is to switch the default printer to the required printer and send the document accordingly. There is code around that shows how this can be achieved.

Hope this helps..

Opp.

Do you know any component to do that ?
I need a component to send and receive fax

thank you

Use the search engines on the web! [glasses]

I did a search at for the words "fax component Delphi" and , although not all hits will be useful, it found 24100 references in 0.27 seconds. The first four references definitely have something similar to what you need, but you might have to shop around for one that is written for your version of Delphi. To be or not to be...
Nico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back