Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to send Buzz to headset and not a phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitaDrink

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2006
US
I have an Option 61C, Succession 3, basic ACD (since 1991). We are finally moving to a hosted soltution for our call center. Yesterday Oracle dropped the bomb that the agents had to remain off hook in order to get the normal beep in their headset to let them know a call was coming in. this keeps the line open if they remain off hook and we pay for it regardless if they're on a call or not. So we want the agent to go on hook after every call, but then the phone rings and they physically have to answer it. Pushing a button to answer is not so bad, but 50 phones ringing at the same time is. Is there a way to make it ring in their ear only? I tried the three ring settings, BUZZ, RNGB, RNGI, turned the volume down, nothing helped. We're using 2216 ACD sets, with wireless Plantonic headsets. Any help appreciated.

off hook? on a 2216? Have you tried switching to call forc on the ACDN?

Mato' Was'aka

Yes, it's on forc now in the ACD queue programming, however, I guess I forgot to explain this part, they will no longer be ACD. The call distribution will be handled by our hosted solution with Oracle, which is basically passing the calls to DID numbers assigned to the agent's phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back