Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to send an SMS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel1958

Technical User
Oct 11, 2001
NL
Can anyone tell me how to send an SMS? Do i need an special program?

Thanks a lot

SMS Client is a UNIX command line based utility which allows you to send SMS messages to mobile phones and pagers. This software has been written and tested on Linux however a number of users have reported success running it under both AIX and Solaris. SMS Client currently supports a wide variety of services providers and protocols.

News
NEW smsclient 2.0.9a release. download
NEW smsclient 2.0.8z release. Only a few changes. download
Name Change from now on sms_client will be known as smsclient. We dropped the '_' (underscore). this is especially of high impact on your install /etc/sms_client -> /etc/smsclient!
See I have not testet

Gruss Juerg Glauser

SMS Client does work with AIX as I installed it a few weeks ago. You'll need AIX 4.3.3 and the AIX Toolbox stuff for AIX from IBM at specifically gcc, gmake, fileutils and the AIX installp image of rpm. Once all the prereqs were met it seemed to compile and install quite easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back