Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to send a shortcut as email attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekuser999

Technical User
May 27, 2005
AU
Hi,
Have been puzzled by this for a while, hope the experts in this forum can help.

I want to send a shortcut of a MSaccess DB via email. Just the shortcut, not the actual DB file.

But when I attached the shortcut and send the email, the email program(I use groupwise 6.5)automatically attach the actual Db file instead of the shortcut.

Tried to zip the shortcut before sending, same deal, the winzip automatically zip the actual DB file instead of the shortcut.

Is there a way to send the shortcut via email?

Thanks

What happens if you just send the Target information from the Shortcut Properties as a text?

For example - "C:\Program Files\ewido\security suite\SecuritySuite.exe"

or append it as a .lnk file?

SimonD.

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

linney,
You know users, they will foul up if I send them the link as text and ask them to create a shortcut. They will end up with all sort of interesting error.

SimonD, how do I append the link as a .lnk file?

Eric

Just experimenting, I managed to send Notepad.lnk (as an attachment) to myself, successfully, via Outlook Express without any problems.

All I did was the normal routine of sending a file attachment.

I tried it with Groupwise and Outlook 2000 still the lnk file is changed to the original file. But I think I might posted to the wrong forum. I use Win 2K at work, XP might behave differently. Will try attaching a lnk file at home with my XP box.

Thanks

have you tried typing the link on the email i.e

c:\program files\stuff\database.dbf

highlight all > right click > hyperlink and link it to the actual file.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back