Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to select multiple queries in Report Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

manojkithany

Programmer
Sep 17, 2002
US
Hi Experts,

I have a Simple MS-Access Application.
It contains 5 Queries and 5 Tables ( 1 query for each table)

I need to create a REPORT using a wizard which contains information from all the 5 Queries. How can I select "ALL THE 5 QUERIES" in a REPORT. When I open a Wizard it asks " Choose a table/query where the objects data comes from..." with which I can SELECT ONLY 1 QUERY but cannot select other 4. All the 5 Tables are NOT related with eachother so I cannot JOIN.

Is there any way by which I can select all 5 QUERIES in my REPORT WIZARD.
I am using Access 2000. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Please reply to manojkithany@yahoo.com as well.

THANKS!

Manoj G. Kithany
manojkithany@yahoo.com

I'm watching this thread with great interest because whilst I've read that you can base a report on multiple queries I've never worked out how.
In the past I have worked around this using a number of sub-reports on the main report ( 1 sub for each query). Maybe that is the only way!

Manoj:

If you have set up your tables with Primary and Foreign keys, you should be able to create one query using all necessary tables to pull in the fields you need.

In query design add the necessary tables, set the relationships (if Access does not do it for you) then add the fields to the query grid. Larry De Laruelle
ldelaruelle@familychildrenscenter.org

Or pull them together in a UNion query.

Regards
Warwick

"
4. All the 5 Tables are NOT related with each other so I cannot JOIN.
"
end quote

Manoj,

First off, don't expect people to reply here and to your e-dress, as the whole point of the forum is that it's a public exchange of knowlege.

Next, how will your report present a bunch of data from non-related tables?

If the tables are truly not related, you should be creating multiple reports. (Imagine a report that presented information on both monthly auto sales and the air speed of swallows. Pretty odd, eh?).

If you truly need to have all these data presented on one report, the odds are the tables _should be_ related, in which case you would be able to make a single query to bring together all of the data you need to report on.

If you'll post detailed information about your tables, we can help you figure out whether or not the tables should be related, and if so, how. If you do this, it will be really helpful if it's in this form:

TableName
---------
PrimaryKeyFieldName (PK)
NextFieldName
EachOtherFieldName
Etc.

Hope this eventually leads to some help.

Jeremy

=============
Jeremy Wallace
Designing, Developing, and Deploying Access databases since 1995.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back