Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to see each message in the queue ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khho9

MIS
Mar 13, 2003
HK
Hi all ,

I am troubleshooting our MQSeries and we want to see what messages have reach the queue and also the time it reached and leave the queue. SO is there any way or log file support that ?

THanks.

Perseus

it is very easy doing this. Go to MQseries Explorer, and open the queue manager ,and click the queue folder, which displays u all the quesues on the right side. Double click the queue u want to see, and see all the messages. u get all information.
About seeing the data, u double click any one message, and check the DATA tab and u see the data.

hope this will work out. there are many other ways, but this is the easiest way seeing the queue mesage.

Thanks a lot for your input.

Maybe I elaborate a bit more on my question. As the message will leave the queue very quickly and so I think that doesn't work as I believe it can only browse the message IN the queue only.

Also, I don't want to write program for trigger as I want some system level (i.e. log by MQSeries) lock. And I can't stop the queue to dump the log.

Under these contraints, is there ways ? If there are no ways under these contraints, what's the best work around ?

Thanks.

If I understand correctly you just want a log of every message that goes 'across' a queue..right?

What platform are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back