Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to see configuration of a user in Notes 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechNemie

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2010
SE
Hey,
We have a Lotus Notes 7 for internal use.
I have recently added a new user, but for some reason he can only see time reporting at his 'home page'. All other users has access to the sales and economics groups, which even the new user has been added.

My question is:
How do I check the old users configuration? So I can see all the groups and other configuration that has been added to them while created.

I have used 'Edit Person', but I can only see name, Work/Home, Misc, Other and so on. No groups no configuration.

I have tried google for answers, but I haven't fallen on anything even remotely close on how to do it.

This is first time ever for me to even be inside the Admin tool, so I'm really lost on most of the stuff.

Thanks //Nemie

Not sure exactly what you're talking about with time reporting etc. but...

1. If you don't know what you're doing, I suggest you don't use the Admin tool.

2. Try checking your company address book to see what groups the old user was a member of.
Also check out the ACL (access control list) of any databases that your new user is trying to access. Give your new user same roles and access levels as someone who can access everything.

3. When you have time, get some training. :)

Well I don't have anything to say in the matter of using the admin tool. No one knows how to use it so I got the responsibility learn.

I don't think I have seen anything about roles. I have just seen groups while creating a user ( registering a user ). Where and how while creating a user should I see the access parts? After I have added the First and Lastname, I press Advanced options to access the part with groups. And there is only one database, so it's not so complicated with that part.

And I don't think there are any classes for Notes 7 anymore :p
And our CEO refuses to upgrade or change systems. So I'm kinda stuck at this point trying to understand how it works :)

You have my sympathy. Try reading some of the help documentation that comes with the Admin tool.
Also try googling Domino Admin Tool.

You say you are only looking after one database ?
That's fairly unusual.

Access to databases is controlled as a property of the database, not the user. Select your database in the files view of the Admin tool and choose "Manage ACL"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back