Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to secure an intranet network from internet intrusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahlajm

Programmer
Jun 12, 2015
IR
Hey guys, first of all please excuse my poor english. I am a programmer with little knowledge of computer networking in need of a solution ASAP.
I want to have connections to two networks in one system. one connection for internet and another to an intranet. but there is a security problem. the intranet network has sensitive information on it and only users with specific IP address can use it. people in intranet network believe that having both internet and their intranet connection in one system, exposes the intranet to the hackers. how can i secure the intranet when system is connected to the internet. because of the limited resources i prefer software solutions. please show me the right direction.
thanks a lot

you should be able to create vlans and seperate the devices
a router or layer 3 device with access lists should be able to be configured to allow specifc addresses or vlans access to each other

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

and due to an endless stream of MiCollab , MiCC issues
Life would be simpler If only they tested products properly before releasing them .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back