Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to schedule PowerPlay ppx report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2002
CY
Hi Guys

I have PowerPlay Client 7.3 MR1. I want to use Cognos Scheduler to run a ppx report. The Scheduler only recognises ppr. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Ian

can't you just save the report as .ppr in powerplay? do you need it as .ppx for a specific reason?

Yes it could be saved as ppr.
However unfortunately there are a number of existing reports which will need to be scheduled, and they have all been saved as ppx because this is the default type.

The only other option I can think of is to write a macro for each report which launches PowerPlay, opens the report, saves it as whatever format you need, then closes PowerPlay. To be honest, it's probably going to be less work to save each of your reports as pprs...

Regards,

MF.

I had come to the same conclusion - save the ones to be scheduled as ppr. Enhancement for next year ?

Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back