Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to save value from web page in visual basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

fosh

Programmer
Jun 14, 2002
CA
Hi,
I want to get and save a text from a web page frequently. The web page is available on internet. I want the text to save in access file or text file. I want to accomplish the task using visaul basic 6.
Any help will be appreciated.

fosh,

See that Acvanced Search right next to the GO! graphic just under the banner at the top? Click on that and search for WebBrowser, any date, your forums and you should come across a thread from a couple of months ago.

Good Luck

Search for an object called the microsoft xml object(dll).

It will allow you to obtain the text from web pages and post to them. You would then parse the text to do what you will with it.

Also in vb, the inet control can be added to your form to get the web page text. The xml object can be used in a web page if needed, the inet control is not efficient in a web page.

The inet control might be the simplest for you, have a look at both.

Jonathan Galpin MCSD
because software should be easy to use

jlgdeveloper,

Thanks for ur reply. But i need little more help. I use Internet control and browses the required page but i don't know how to get some particular value from that page into some variable.
Secondly, would u like to provide some code for ms xml object? I really need for it if it works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back