Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to save generated html.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandiana

Programmer
Sep 6, 2008
US
I'm looking for a way to save the html generated from pages created by my perl scripts as a way of researching what my visitors are seeing that's prompting them to do various things on the site. Short of rewriting dozens of scripts to also print to a file, I'm looking for something I can put in the footer and/or header files possibly similar to:

I've already looked at the following thread, but I don't think that would be helpful as most of my variables are not in the url:

If you want to save it I see no way around writing to a file. Its what website statistic applications like Awstats does and the apache server. From there you can use a program to analyze the data in the log files to figure out trends and traffic patterns on your website.

------------------------------------------
- Kevin, perl coder unexceptional! [wiggle]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back