Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to save a text field to a bound form (control source is coming from another form that is unbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pack10

Programmer
Feb 3, 2010
US
I have a bound form that I am trying to incorporate into my application. The bound form opens by clicking a button from another form.
I added a text box to the bound form to display the master record # that it is coming from. Since its a bound form I dont know how to
save this text box value back to the table. (I added a field to capture it...) I could do it via update query i guess.

How are ya Pack10 . . .

Leaving access to itself, when the bound form opens you'll [blue]always be positioned at the 1st record[/blue]. Hence [blue]you'll always be saving the master record # at the 1st record[/blue]. I doubt this is what you want. Unless perhaps a record is somehow selected in the bound form on open. Please advise ...

Also we'll need formnames, controlnames, ect.

See Ya . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884 Worthy Reading! [thumbsup2]
Also FAQ181-2886 Worthy Reading! [thumbsup2]

Have you considered using the forms openargs property to pass the record# instead of the textbox.

Pack10 . . .

What does the [blue]master record #[/blue] from the calling form have to do with records from the bound form? ... Is their [blue]some relationship between the calling form & the bound form[/blue] that hasn't been spoken of yet? So far, what ever you hope to achieve is certainly not clear.

[purple]Help Us ... Help You! ...[/purple]

See Ya . . .

Be sure to see FAQ219-2884 Worthy Reading! [thumbsup2]
Also FAQ181-2886 Worthy Reading! [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back