Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to save a Quark Document as post script

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabriel

Technical User
Dec 12, 2003
GB
Sorry, relatifly new to the whole printing part of quark and I need to figure out how to get the magazine Iv just completed saved into a post script document for the printers. Tried saving as an EPS (which I assume is post script and it only seems to save the first page out of 32. It must sound like a silly question but I do need an answer please.

Did they really ask for a postscript file? That's a little unusual.

Anyway, as you've found out, saving as an EPS will only save one page at a time.

To save the whole document as a postscript file, you'll need a postscript print driver (not a postscript printer, just the driver). If you don't have one, you can download one for free from
Then you print to a file rather that a printer, using that driver. Like I said, it's not common for a printer to ask you to do this, and any decent printer should be able to take your native Quark document with support files, or a PDF.

Thanks for the tip, I have talked to the printer and they say they will take the document in PDF format. This seemed easy untill I tried to export the document as a PDF and it told me I needed a post script printer to do this anyway...

So do I still need that driver even if all I want is a PDF file?

Yes, PDFs are usually created from PostScript files. Sometimes the process is hidden, but you will need a PostScript driver anyway.

Thanks blueark, managed to get it figured and can now export like nobodys buisness, problem is im having trouble with the PDF thats getting made and font colours and placements. Have a look at my other thread about this if you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back