Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to run multiple test scripts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colliers

Technical User
Jan 11, 2008
CA
Hi,

I got to run multiple tests and we don't have test director or any other test managment tools. any tips on how can i run multiple test scripts in one run without having to manually open and run the next script after the previous one is finished, so test execution can be started for overnight run ???

Basically I need to built a test harness around so I can call all test scripts from within.

Hello

If you have installed full package of QTP - you can use the tool named : Test Batch Runner - just add one by one of your test and save mbt file and run ;-)

Thanks
Robert

Test Batch Runner it doesn't work if the system is locked ?

This was a problem with very early versions of WinRunner too, I would've expected it not to affect QTP!

In any case, if for some reason the batch runner's not working, your best bet's to set up a driver script which calls each of your tests in turn, one after the other. So long as each test is fully self contained with starting up, closing down etc, then you'll be able to execute a list of scripts this way, too.

Cheers,
Dave

"Yes, I'll stop finding bugs in the software - as soon as you stop writing bugs into the software." <-- Me

For all your testing needs: Forum1393

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back