Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to run *.ebm attachmate macro from VBA macro in excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

robles74

Programmer
Jan 31, 2014
MX
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help me with the following issue.

I'm not a programmer but using the common sense I build some macros to interact excel with Extra! and viceversa (also reading lots and lots of threads).

The problem is, I need to run/execute 2 (two) attachmate macros (ebm) but I need to execute them from VBA code in excel, the macros are stored and "programmed" to run when the F4 and F11 keys are pressed and the Extra Session 1 is selected, I can to execute the F1, F2 and F9 without problems from the VBA code, I just need the SendKeys ("<PF1>") (or PF2 PF9) also this works with the "Enter", "Tab", etc. But when I try to do this with the F11 nothing happens. The F1, F2 and F9 are mapped as miscelaneous/send keys, but the F4 and F11 are mapped (in Extra!) as "Run macro" I'm stucked with this issue and this (I suppose) should be not too difficult to solve.

Any help will be REALLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance and best regards.

PS. My appologies english is not my native language and it is very poor. I hope my thread make sense to all.

hi Robles74,
if I understand you correctly, you have F4 & F11 keys mapped on the keyboard to run a macro.
When you use Excel vba to call the F4 or F11 key, it will only perform the function that is specific to your mainframe. it will not run the macro that is mapped to the key.
you would need to either call the script directly or hard code the script into Excel. I don't know how to call the script directly. Hard coding should be as simple (depending on how complicated the script actually is) as copying the attachmate code into the Excel module.

hope this helps

Thank you remy988 I'll try your solution and tell you if that works.

My dear remy988, it works, I just need to do some minor changes in the *.ebm code and until now is running as is supposed to do. The question now is, what I need to do to close this question??

Thank you very much, I really appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back