Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to route Ring Group to VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan737

Technical User
Oct 21, 2014
US
We have a Ring Group x5200 that rings to 5 phones at the same time. They would like to add voicemail. How do I point the Ring Group 5200 to VM Box ?

Thanks

dan737, disregard my last post as it's not correct. Coverage answer groups are for the Avaya world; not Mitel.[/b]
In a 3300, you should use the Call Rerouting First Alternative and Call Rerouting Alternative. If you already have a first alternative path set for voice mail, you can use this first alternative number. Next, go to the Call Rerouting form. Search for the Ring Group 5200. In the call rerouting - 1st Alt column for ext 5200, enter the first alternative number set up for voice mail. You'll need to set up a voice mailbox for the group and program a voice mail key on the phones in the ring group so that the members can know when they have a new message in that mailbox.

Sorry for the miscommunication.

Set the Overflow point of the RG to the Voicemail Hunt Group, create voicemail box (5200) where the extension is the RG number (5200)

System types would also be helpful information.

-b

For Call Forwarding or Call re-routing you need a minumum of Release 7.0 (I think)

Same for VM Integration

Before rel 7.0 you need to place a pilot number ahead of the Ring Group or overflow to a device that can integrate with VM

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back