Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to route 5 digit calls from Avaya CM to Cisco?

Status
Not open for further replies.

avayastrongman79

Technical User
Mar 29, 2008
US
We have a customer that has an s8700, CM3.0 and we've connected 3 ISDN-PRI trunks to Cisco router. The trunks are in service, and now we're tasked with routing a range of DID numbers across this trunk to the Cisco Call Manager. The LEC send 5 digit 35xxx DID to the s8700. I have a UDP entry sending to AAR entry/route pattern. When I do a trace, I see the call hit the trunk and then I get the intercept message from the s8700. I can post forms for more info. Any ideas?

The PRIs go into the Cisco gateway on the far end. We're using ISDN-PRI with FAS for signaling. Inbound, the LEC send 5 digits to the Avaya side, 35000 range. We're attempting to route those calls to the Call Manager, as there are Cisco IP phones hanging off the far end.

In the UDP table you prepend an RNX to the extension number then you send it to the AAR table for Route Pattern selection. In the Route Pattern are you deleting the correct number of digits?

Kevin

I've posted my udp entry, aar and route patterns below.

UNIFORM DIAL PLAN TABLE
Percent Full: 0

Matching Insert Node Matching Insert Node
Pattern Len Del Digits Net Conv Num Pattern Len Del Digits Net Conv Num
35 5 1 229 aar n

AAR DIGIT ANALYSIS TABLE
Percent Full: 7

Dialed Total Route Call Node ANI
String Min Max Pattern Type Num Reqd
229 5 5 327 aar y

Pattern Number: 640 Pattern Name:
SCCAN? n Secure SIP? n
Grp FRL NPA Pfx Hop Toll No. Inserted DCS/ IXC
No Mrk Lmt List Del Digits QSIG
Dgts Intw
1: 12 0 3 n user
2: n user
3: n user
4: n user
5: n user
6: n user

BCC VALUE TSC CA-TSC ITC BCIE Service/Feature PARM No. Numbering LAR
0 1 2 3 4 W Request Dgts Format
Subaddress
1: y y y y y n n rest none
2: y y y y y n n rest none
3: y y y y y n n rest none
4: y y y y y n n rest none
5: y y y y y n n rest none
6: y y y y y n n rest none

Thanks for your help.

I did change my AAR entry back to route pattern 640. 327 was my previous test pattern.

If possible try using an RNX ending in a '3', such as 223 or 993, so you would insert just two digits. In te Route Pattern delete 2 digits, not 3.

Kevin

I tried the above and got a denial code of 1186. My guess is there is something on the far end (cisco) that may be denying the call.

Denial Event 1186:

The call cannot be delivered to the remote endpoint because the interface to the endpoint is not functioning correctly. A signaling message could not be delivered to the remote device (for example, there is a physical or data link layer failure at the remote device, or the remote device is turned off).

Kevin

In the AAR digit analysis table you have:
Dialed Total Route Call Node ANI
String Min Max Pattern Type Num Reqd
229 5 5 327 aar y

Should the min and max lengths not be set to 7 as the number will be a 7 digit DN once you have prepended 229 (35xxx, discard the first digit and prepend 229 = 2295xxx) you then delete the leading 3 digits in the route pattern giving you 5xxx - is it maybe your numbering plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back