Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to RETURN from a Form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

academica

Technical User
Feb 21, 2010
CN
Hello again,

I have a main form (Form 1), displaying a text file. A menu command calls a procedure in an external file, which processes the text file. Sometimes the procedure displays Form 2 to accept user input (DO Form2 WITH Params), appends a record and is RELEASEd (THISFORM.Release). No value is returned.

Debugger CallStack Window shows
Form2
actRead (Menu invoked procedure)
ON SELECTION BAR
main.prg

What should I do so that execution of the calling procedure (actRead)continues from the next line, which called Form 2? (Now the RELEASE command in Form 2 returns execution to READ EVENTS in Form 1.)

What if a button on Form 2 calls Form 3? After releasing them both, execution should continue from the calling procedure. How can I achieve this functionality?

Where can I read more on this topic?

VFP 9.0 SP2 on XP SP3

Thanks, Mike. It works.
I am really ashamed when I see how stupid questions I ask. Anyway, this forum is a treasure, at least for me.

Thanks again.

VFP 9.0 SP2 on XP SP3

You question is not a stupid one, I would tend to blame the help file which is sometimes either lacking in content, or is just hard to comprenhend, or just none existent.

Mike Gagnon

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ184-2483 first.
ReFox XI (www.mcrgsoftware.com)

I've replied by a new topic: Step-by-Step Guide to Visual FoxPro.

VFP 9.0 SP2 on XP SP3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back