Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how to retrieve seond digit from the buffer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfdzn

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2013
CA
if you collect 1 digit, and the user presses 2 digits,, the system will process the first digit, but will keep the second digit in a buffer. And that digit can be used later,,,

how can I retrieve second digit from the buffer ? for example is caller is pressing two digits when 1 digit is collected...

referee to this :

when you want to use the second digit, just use a
collect 1 digit after announcement none

then process that digit how you want to...

my questions is :

01 collect 1 digit after announcement none (This will only collect single digit)

if caller enter 12 then second digit will be discarded from the system as we are collecting only 1 digit ? isn't ?

my challenge is our extension starts with 6xxx and in vector we also have menu option 6, caller is entering extension number like 6001 but call is being routed to option 6 from the vector, I want to check if caller is pressing two or more digits while collecting one and how to handle it..

if all of your extensions are in the 6xxx range, then do not have an option 6 in your menu, have 1-5 and 7-9 as your options, then when you check for input, if it is a 6, you know the caller is trying to enter an extension, so you can collect the other 3 silently, and concatenate them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back