Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to Retrieve Elitemail VMP Call Logs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

t700701

Technical User
Apr 29, 2003
US
Electra Elite IPK with Elitemail VMP.

Trying to determine what effect removing the autoattendant will have on the company operator.

From what I understand, VM logs all calls/transfers in files REPLOG.(date) that can be retrieved through PC software.

The voicemail Technician Guide.pdf only mentions making these file transfers by using a DOS program it refers to as Remote Management with DOS screenshots showing a program called VM/Remote 6.1 by Triton Technologies. I don't have it, can't find it.

I do have, and can connect with Cosession Remote. Can I get those logs using Cosession 'File Transfer' button on the main Cosession screen? Is there anything to watch out for when doing this, like would it make the voicemail system unavailable during the file transfer or anything else I should know before doing this?

You can use the File Transfer feature in COsession to move the replog files. After you have transfered them, you can delete them off of the VMP. You can then use notepad or word to look at these replog files.

I will say that looking through these logs can be an exhausting process so be prepared. It too bad that the SMDR doesn't track call as they go through the voicemail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back